2014 Coyote and Fox Hunt
List of winners
1. Robert Brown 2. Michael Hajtol 3. Gary Couteret
1. Joseph Booker 2. Joseph Booker 3. Adam Holsinger
1. Richard Shultz
1. John Karlheim 2. Dave Kephart 3. Joshua Lewis
1. Mike Park 2. George Noll 3 Dale McConnell 4. Dustin Bender
5. Garret Krug 6. Jonathan Gunnin 7. *Damian Tuorinsky*
1. Mike Hajtol 2. Christopher Jennings
Random Drawing Friday:
1. Michael Hanlon 2. *Added to ghost dog due to no other entries*
Random Drawing Saturday:
1. Richard Kotar Jr 2. John S Karlheim
1 Michael Hanlon 30.8 F 12 GA Dogs
2 Richard Kotan, Jr. 33.0 M 223 Call – Fox Pro
3 John Karlheim 35.3 M 223 Dogs
4 Gary L. Couteret 39.3 M 22-250 Calling
5 Gary L. Couteret 32.3 M 22-250 Calling
6 Joshua J. Lewis 28.5 F 22-250 Call – Fox Pro
7 Joshua J. Lewis 35.0 M 22-250 Call – Fox Pro
8 Jacob P Kephart 28.1 F 12 GA Tracking
9 Jacob P Kephart 31.4 M 12 GA Tracking
10 Dave Kephart 33.0 M 12 GA Tracking
11 Michael Hajtol 39.4 M 22-250 Call
12 Travis Martin 33.3 F 12 GA Call – Fox Pro
13 Robert Brown 43.5 M 12 GA Dogs
14 Jason Brown 37.0 M 12 GA Dogs
15 Christopher Jennings 37.8 F 12 GA Dogs
16 Kenneth Noll 30.5 M 12 GA Dogs
17 Kenneth Noll 32.4 F 12 GA Dogs
18 Tyler Maley 29.9 M 223 Call – Fox Pro
1 Richard L. Shultz 6.8 F 22 Mag Fox Pro
1 Adam C. Holsinger 11 M 22-250 Call – Fox Pro
2 Joseph C Booker 11.8 F 17 Call
3 Joseph C Booker 11.4 F 17 Call
8th ANNUAL COYOTE / FOX HUNT – RULES AND NOTICES
$5,000.00 GUARANTEED MIN. PRIZE MONEY For Coyote
February 14,15,16th 2014(Must be entered before Feb 14th)
Hunt Starts at 12:01am Feb 14th – Ends 6:00pm Feb 16th, 2014
COYOTE ENTRY FEE $10 + CLUB MEMBERSHIP
($20/New Club Member- $15 / Renew Club Member- $7.50 / Junior 12-20)
FOX Hunters Must Pay Coyote Hunt Fees and $10.00 Entry Fee towards FOX Prizes
Cresson Sportsmans Association Will Retain ($2) From Each Coyote and Fox Entry
THE CLUBHOUSE WILL BE OPEN FOR REGISTRATIONS UNTIL MIDNIGHT ON FEBRUARY 13th, 2014
Our Prize Structure for 2014 Hunt has changed!
NOW MORE WINNERS ! For just entering…
Coyote Contest Payouts – 1st $1000 – 2nd $750 – 3rd $500
– Smallest Male – $250 – Smallest Female – $250
3 Lucky Dogs – $250/each – Random Drawing for any coyote turned in
6 Ghost Dogs – $100/each – Random Drawing for any unsuccessful registered coyote hunter
2 Show Dogs – $100/each – Random drawing of any coyote hunter present at time of drawings
Friday – 2 random drawings $250 & $100 – Winners will be chosen from dogs turned in on Friday
Saturday – 2 random drawings $250 & $100 – Winners will be chosen from dogs turned in on Saturday
Once Number of Hunters Exceed 625 Prizes will Continue To Be Added
· All registrations must be completed prior to the start of the coyote / fox hunt. Registrations can be made and paid for online or in person at the clubhouse until 11:59 PM February 13th, 2014, or by regular mail, mailed entries must be post marked by February 11th 2014. The Hunt starts 12:01 AM Friday, February 14th and will end 6:00 PM Sunday, February 16th, 2014. Registration fee is $10.00 ($8.00 toward cash prizes to successful hunters, $2.00 for administration costs to the club)
·If you wish to join the FOX hunt, an additional $10.00 fee ($8.00 toward cash prizes to successful hunters, $2.00 for administration costs to the club) which will go into a PRIZE POOL for the top four heaviest FOXES IN EACH (RED and GREY) CATEGORY determined by weight. No FARM RAISED FOXES will be accepted, and will automatically disqualify hunter and entire hunting party. Prize money collected will be split for each category RED&GREY, 40% 1st, 30% 2nd, 20% 3rd and 10% for 4th.
· Each participant must be registered for this hunt. When hunting in groups, each member of the group must be registered. Houndsmen see below.
· Each participant must be a current 2014 member of the Cresson Sportsman’s Association. Membership applications may be made at the same time as the coyote hunt registration. Successful hunters must present a complete and intact carcass, drivers and hunting / furtakers licenses during weigh-ins.
· Houndsmen must register a minimum of 5 hunters for their hunting party, members must write on their application the name of the hunt leader(s) / houndsmen.
· The Hunt is open to hunting for the entire state of PA. Coyotes and FOX must be killed during the days and times of this hunt, and The Cresson Sportsman’s Association reserves the right to inspect the site of harvest. The Cresson Sportsman’s Club reserves the right to have an autopsy performed on any animal presented at the hunt. A veterinarian and USDA wildlife biologist will be available during weigh in times to inspect all carcass’s especially those suspected of being ‘unnatural’ in any way. The biologist will be removing parts from the carcass for study purposes, ALL coyotes subject to this.
· All PA Game Laws are in effect during this hunt. Violation of PA game laws or Cresson Sportsmans rules will result in disqualification for that person and / or group of persons involved in the infractions. Each hunter is responsible for the proper disposal of his/her coyote or fox carcass. No carcass is to be left on Club Property unless hunters are requested to do so by an official from The Cresson Sportsmans Club.
· The deadline for weigh-ins is 6PM on Sunday, February 10th. Prizes will be announced upon completion of weigh in. Prize checks will be mailed after validations.
· Official weigh-ins will be done at the clubhouse from 2:00PM – 6:00PM, Friday February 14th and Saturday February 15th and Sunday, February 16th from 11:00 AM – 6:00 PM. The carcases will be marked as to prevent reentries. A limit of 2 coyote & 2 fox of each color allowed by each member.
· Prize money shall be awarded based on weight: There is a guaranteed prize pool of $5000.00. In the event of non-awarded prize money, the money shall be awarded by drawing. Details of the drawing will be decided on by the Cresson Sportsman’s Association Coyote Committee. Gun to be chanced off on Feb 10th at Hunt Closing.
· In the event of a tie, the prize money for the tied entries will be combined and then split between the tied entries.
For more information contact: (814) 886-7727 –or- Coyote@CressonSportsmans.com
Mail Registration Form(s) & Payment to: 2013 Coyote & FOX Hunt, PO Box 174, Cresson, Pa, 16630